The Pelican Inn
Turkey with Cranberries and Bacon
– 4 (4-ounce) turkey breasts
– 12 slices streaky bacon
– 12 ounces fresh cranberries
– 1 cup maple syrup
– 1 cup cranberry juice
– Grated zest of 1 medium orange
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Make the sauce: combine all ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil over high heat; lower to a simmer and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Chill until service time.2) Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
3) Place each turkey breast between two sheets of plastic; gently pound to make each a ½-inch thick steak. Spread reserved cranberry sauce over one side of each steak. Roll up so that cranberry sauce is tucked inside each turkey steak. Wrap each rolled steak in three slices of bacon, holding with cocktail sticks if necessary.
4) Place on prepared baking sheet and cook 20 minutes, until turkey is cooked and bacon is slightly crisp. Serve warm.